LEWISTON, Maine -- The Bates men's track and field team dominated its competition from Divison II and Division III while hosting the Bates Invitational Saturday, outscoring Husson, Franklin Pierce and Saint Joseph's. Division I teams Maine and Bryant also competed at the meet, with their scoring separate by rule.
Bates won 12 events en route to 245 points. Husson finished second (93), followed by Franklin Pierce (90) and St. Joe's (48).
Event-winning performances by the Bobcats included:
- Senior captain Beaufils Kimpolo-Pene (Bronx, N.Y.) won the 60-meter hurdles (8.83), the high jump (6'0.75") and the long jump (20'11.25").
- First-year Peter Ackley (New Albany, Ohio) won the 400-meter dash (52.40).
- Sophomore John Mieszczanski (Chelmsford, Mass.) won the 800-meter run (2:00.52).
- Sophomore Jackson Elkins (South Deerfield, Mass.) won the 1,000 meters (2:37.90).
- First-year Gabe Coffey (Bangor, Maine) won the 3,000 meters (8:54.96), with first-year Mayo Smith (Westport, Conn.) in second (8:57.66).
- Senior Justin Levine (Boca Raton, Fla.) won the 5,000 meters in 14:58.75.
- Ackley, first-year Evan Antonakes (Ipswich, Mass.), junior Miles Nabritt (Brooklyn, N.Y.) and Elkins won the 4x400 relay in 3:43.72.
- The winning 4x800 relay team of first-year Owen Glover, senior Gabe Benson (Maplewood, N.J.), first-year Daniel McConnell (Califon, N.J.) and Mieszczanski finished in 8:18.05.
- Senior John Rex (Andover, Mass.) won the weight throw at 59'9".
- Junior captain Brendan Donahue (Wolfeboro Falls, N.H.) won the heptathlon with 4,435 points. Sophomore Liam Evans (Sauqoit, N.Y.) was second (4,155) and first-year Evan Koch (Brattleboro, Vt.) finished third (3,875).
Bates travels to Boston University next Saturday for the John Thomas Terrier Classic.